What are the best mobile devices for using the app?
The app is compatible with all Apple iOS (iPhone/iPad) devices and all Android devices running Android version 4.4 (KitKat) and above.
However, we do recommend using an Android device if you have a choice. There are several reasons for this:
- The iPhone has a smaller screen than most Android devices which can make the on-screen signature tool a little difficult to use.
- iPad tablet devices do not always have GPS (generally GPS is not available on WiFi-only models). This means that the courier tracking and "exact location recording" is not so accurate.
- On iOS devices (iPhone / iPad) the courier tracking gets paused when the user switched to another app (for example, the user may switch to the Maps app for directions to the next delivery). This is because iOS pauses all operations in an app when another app is being used for performance reasons.
- Due to the open architecture of Android we are able to add new features and updates more quickly to the Android app. Some new features that we are currently working on may not be included in the iOS version due to incompatibility issues.
When choosing an device we recommend the following specification:
- Built-in GPS. Required for accurate courier tracking.
- Built-in WiFi. Required if you do not have a mobile data contract.
- Built-in rear-facing high-resolution camera with auto-focus. Required for using the barcode scanner.
- A mobile data contract (1 Gb per month should be more than enough as the app does not use much data).
- Unlimited texts contract. A good idea if you are going to use the device for sending out the automated delivery notifications to customers.
- A large screen.
- Good battery life.
The app should work on any 4th generation Android phone or tablet.